The mission and purpose for A Foundation for Kids, a 501 c-(3) organization is to raise funds and in kind support for children’s homes and agencies that serve abused and troubled children in Southern California.
Organization Focus Statement
The focus of the organization is to provide support for abused and at risk children who are in out of home care including group homes and foster homes. The focus area includes all of Southern California with a particular focus upon, San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles, and Orange Counties. Support includes use of product, toys, consultation and training, event production and specific fundraising activities. A Foundation For Kids touches the lives of severely abused and neglected children from Southern California by:
Supporting local children’s agencies in the Inland Empire, Los Angeles & Orange Counties. Each children’s home is a residential care facility for abused children ages 6-17. The children’s homes supported by the Foundation provide a residential treatment program, lodging, and counseling services for children.
A Foundation for Kids touches the lives of abused and at risk children from Southern California by:
- Supporting local children’s homes and agencies in the Inland Empire, Los Angeles and Orange Counties Each children’s home is a residential care facility for abused children ages 6 – 17. The children’s homes supported by the Foundation provide a residential treatment program, lodging, and counseling services for children.
- Providing the following in-kind goods and services for over 35 children’s homes and foster family agencies serving 20,000 children in the greater Southern California area including:
Non-Perishable Foods School and Office Supplies
Clothing and Footwear Personal Care Products
Sports and Recreation Equipment Furniture and Appliances
- Providing gifts and holiday wishes to children at Christmas time and special holidays (Easter & Valentine’s Day) through a region wide gift-giving program.
- Hosting field trips for children’s homes and agencies to local major league sporting events and attractions including Los Angeles Dodgers, Lakers & Angel games.
- Awarding program and operating grants to children’s homes.