The focus of the organization is to provide support for neglected and abused children who are in out of home care including group homes and foster homes.
The focus area includes all of Southern California with a particular focus upon San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, Los Angeles and San Diego Counties.
Support includes use of product, toys, consultation and training, event production and specific fund raising activities.
A Foundation For Kids touches the lives of severely abused and neglected children from Southern California by:
- Supporting local children’s homes in the Inland Empire, Los Angeles & Orange Counties. Each children’s home is a residential care facility for abused children ages 6-17. The children’s homes supported by the Foundation provide a residential treatment program, lodging, and counseling services for children.
- Providing the following in-kind goods and services for over 30 area children’s homes and 1,300 children in greater Southern California including
|Non-Perishable Foods||School & Office Supplies|
|Clothing and Footwear||Personal Care Products|
|Sports & Recreation Equipment||Furniture and Appliances|
- Providing gifts and holiday wishes to at Christmas time and special holidays (Easter & Valentine’s Day) through a region-wide gift-giving program.
- Hosting field trips for children’s homes to local major league sporting events and attractions including Los Angeles Dodgers, Lakers and Anaheim Angels games
- Awarding program & operating grants to children’s homes.
Location of children’s homes & communities served by A Foundation for Kids:
|Rancho Cucamonga||East Los Angeles||Covina||Riverside|
|Chino||Claremont||West Covina||San Bernardino|
|Ontario||City of Industry||Whittier||Colton|
|Alta Loma||Rowland Heights||Rialto||Los Angeles|
|Long Beach||Alhambra||San Dimas||Yucaipa|