Anorexia in children is a common condition in children and is the suffering of parents. Overcoming anorexia in children is sometimes very easy, sometimes very difficult.
You worry about what to do when anorexic?
At present, many mothers are too worried about their children’s anorexia, especially for children of 2-3 years old or about to go to school. Sometimes, just little green vegetables also make the baby grimace refused. Babies often do not like to try new foods and become increasingly anorexic. In severe cases of anorexia, babies may develop neophobia (fear of new foods) and are not easy to treat. Anorexia does not have to appear overnight, but usually develops over time, so it doesn’t usually affect your baby’s development. However, anorexia can bring a lot of pressure and anxiety to parents. Many people also worry that their baby may not be getting enough nutrition.
Many cases of anorexia last until the age of admission. At this time, the baby develops in a new environment and gradually gets rid of the anorexia habit. Babies often don’t feel hungry and like to choose their food. Parents do not be too worried, but be more patient with your children, prepare the types of menus for children full of nutrition and let their children decide what to eat.
In short, parents should not take care of their children closely or be disappointed when their children are anorexic, try changing different foods that are nutritious for your baby and still suitable for your taste. You can also change your baby’s method or menu especially, as long as the baby is happy and excited about his food.
Why does the anorexic?
Sometimes when you prepare a menu for your baby, cook a new nutritious food for your child, but he refuses to eat the first spoon. There are many reasons for this. It could be due to the taste or color of the dish does not appeal to the baby. Another reason is that he sees family members who refuse to eat the dish and imitate it. For many babies, the use of a spoon to bring food into their mouths may not go smoothly, or they may be teething. There are also many cases of rejection because children want to be independent and choose their food. Each baby has different reactions depending on the case.
How to ensure enough nutrients for your baby?
Many mothers worry that their babies eat. This is a negative way to take care of children. Instead, create an attractive menu for your baby as well as remove bad eating habits such as snacking before mealtime.
Mothers encourage their children to choose their food. This way, they will feel more interested in the food of their choice.
Another way to help your child be more excited about eating is to let her participate in the process of preparing food, such as picking vegetables in the garden, going to the supermarket with her parents, letting her create a menu for her, or prepare ingredients for the meal, etc.
One thing you should remember, refusing to eat something is perfectly normal in young children. You can take advantage of the time when the whole family sits together to model for your baby as well as help him feel more excited about eating because the people around him are also eating. Remember, your child can imitate you, so set an example for him. Do not just focus on the nutrition of the dish but forget the form and color. These factors can help your child find better food, which makes it easier to eat. When your child is finished, clean the plate and give him a snack if he is still hungry.
Do not make your baby anorexia more
Many mothers make the mistake of caring for children, threatening them, or sometimes offering temptations to feed their children. These events can lead to the baby’s poor appetite. Forcing your child to eat also causes him to become more pressure and more afraid to eat. So, be gentle with your child, do not push the baby too much but teach them to eat slowly. Remember, the brain takes 20 minutes to signal to the body that you are full. Teaching children to eat slowly also helps them not to overeat. If possible, avoid having your baby eat alone. Having meals with other members can help stimulate your baby’s ability to eat and drink. Turning on the TV while eating is also a common mistake that parents should avoid.
You just need to prepare your baby for a nutritious meal and let him be the one who decides what to eat and how to eat on the menu for him!
When should you worry about your baby’s condition?
- Studies show that children can overcome their anorexia on their own, especially when parents set a good example for their children and will imitate their eating habits.
- If your child is thin but still growing healthy and active, you should not worry. Many overweight children also need an appropriate diet as well as exercise exercises.
- Children who are anorexic still know when they are hungry and need to eat.
- If your child is anorexic, ill and is unwell, you should see your doctor.
- You can take your baby to see a doctor for professional advice on weight and nutrition for your baby.
- If you wonder if your child has anorexia or not, if he or she has provided enough nutrition for your baby, ask your pediatrician or nutritionist for advice.
Tips for anorexia babies
- Let your child help you prepare meals, and your child will be more interested.
- Grow your vegetables indoors (you can grow on a balcony if you don’t have a garden).
- Try changing the cooking method, “disguising” foods your child doesn’t like. Sometimes babies will not discover it and eat it well. For example, you can juice fruit and vegetables together, or put fruit in yogurt. Please rely on the colors of the foods to be able to play this game “hide and seek” easier offline!
- Do not let your baby eat alone but let others sit with him when he eats.
- Try being more creative with dishes. Richer for the baby menu. You can use food to create different types of images, which helps your baby feel happier and more interested in eating.
- You can use iron supplements for your baby, as they contain more iron than regular foods. Iron is great for the baby’s growth and digestion.
- Keep up the optimism and perseverance with your baby. You can give your baby a variety of different baby menus to avoid repeating boring dishes. If your baby doesn’t eat, don’t get angry and wait for another chance.
- Do not give your child snacks before eating.
- Drinking too much milk can affect the amount of iron in your baby’s body. Therefore, you should not give your baby too much milk.
- Make sure all meals your baby has are protein (found in meat, fish, eggs, milk, and beans, etc.). You can crush the nuts and give them breakfast. If you’re making a smoothie, don’t forget to use plain yogurt and add nuts like almonds and oats to give your baby more calcium.
- Another tip for baby nutrition is to put smoothies in ice trays and you have delicious smoothies.
- Remember to be a good role model for children.
- You should be careful with beans because they may be allergic to them.